Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Grant received his mission call!







On Wed. January 23, 2008 I headed for the mailbox
as I usually do. I brought out a big white envelope
that said Elder Grant Edward Farnsworth. Wow,
I was so excited but feeling emotional that Grant
was going to be on a mission serving the Lord. As
a little boy he has always wanted to be a missionary.
I headed home as fast as I could opened the door
saying "Grant guess what I have?" he came in
grabbed it from me and said "I am opening it now"
with a big smile! I said "no not yet". We need to
call our family and friends to take part on the
OPENING of your call. We had wonderful support
from family and friends. Grant opened his packet
at 7:00 p.m. There was a HUSH in the crowd as
Grant said You are assigned to the Baltic Mission!
I said "Where is the Baltic?" He continued
telling us that it is in Eastern Europe. He will
be serving in Latvia but the mission also includes
Estonia and Lithuania. He will be learning the
Latvian language. We have spent a lot of time on
the internet. Grant is excited to serve and reports
to the MTC on Wed. March 12, 2008.

4 comments:

The Greer Family said...

Great job on your blog! We will have so much fun checking up on you regularly.

Steph

Alisa said...

It was so fun seeing everyone at Jason's graduation party today! I put your family on my Friends list! Our blog address is thejoeyandalisaharrisfamily.blogspot.com....It's so great that Kristi is helping you figure out the blogging world! It took me forever to learn by myself!! But it's so much fun!

Kristi said...

I am so proud of you! A whole post and 2 pictures! Thanks again for being at Jason's graduation today. We were so greatful for your support! Love ya!

Fancy Nancy Chronicles said...

Dear Tammy ~
Holy moly! What a wonderful surprise it was to hear from you! I don't know how you found us, but so happy you did!
email me at ~ myenglishgarden@hotmail.com and I will write back!
Loved looking at your pictures!
Please send your family my/our love. :") Especially your Mom, whom I will never forget. Showed up at our door with dinner,when I was having appendicitis... and baby blankets for baby Devin. I loved Queen Creek Ward! Can't believe it was 16 yrs ago, when we moved! More soon ~ love, Nancy